Monday, April 22, 2013

Think: Tragic Events

(sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)


My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
-Psalm 73:26

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
-Isaiah 41:10

Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. 
-Psalm 82:3-4

I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In the world you have trouble and suffering, but have courage--I have conquered the world. 
-John 16:33

The waves of death surrounded me; the floods of destruction swept over me. The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death itself stared me in the face. But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I called to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry reached his ears. 
-2 Samuel 22:5-7

Below's Garth Brooks and "The Dance." His performance was meant for a different memorial service, but I think it fits recent events.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! The verses reflect what an amazing God we have to help us through these tragedies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trina! It's been a rough week for a lot of people. But God is with us!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...