Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kent: The New Addition to the Family

Causes sleepless nights, toy stealing, lots of mopping, additional trips to the vet, interruptions during CSI, but he's the cuddliest puppy I've ever known. He likes to wrestle with Kaiya and has the cutest little growl. His full name is Klark Kent (he's really shy when you first meet him, but he's Superdog when you get to know him). He's our new puppywuppy and he's all we can think about this week. That, and the fact that Kaiya's going to get fixed tomorrow so she probably won't feel like taking part in one of my long runs this weekend. In the next week or so Kevin and I are going to try to transition him into staying outside during the day.

Recipe for this Week: Boil Your Meats
Making meat dishes that have only the ingredients you can tolerate can be a part-time job sometimes. So, Kevin and I have taken to boiling chicken and hams (for boiled ham instructions see my previous post for Purloo). It's easy, you can do other things while it's cooking, it tastes good, and you can use the chicken broth for soups, in replacement for oils in stir-fry dishes, and it's healthy. Chicken usually takes about 2 hours to cook. I personally enjoy getting a pack of 8 to 10 thighs (good dark meat that's still healthy), rinsing them off, peeling off the skin, and sticking 'em in a pot of water. For a quick side, you might try making some mashed potatoes using this cool technique of peeling the potatoes. Thanks for the link, Mom!

1 comment:

  1. I checked out your site, and it sounds like a good product. Unfortunately protein/herbal supplements tend to have a bazillion-and-one ingredients, and I usually can't tolerate at least one of them (in this case of your products, I can’t have apples, bananas, and wheat). I didn't check for milk products either, but ingredients like whey are quite often found in these mixes. Thanks for sharing. I'm always looking for new foods/supplements to enhance my running.
    -K

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...