Thursday, October 7, 2010

God's Unexpected Blessings

This past weekend, and old friend came to visit: Lindsey. We reconnected after about 5 years of silence. Why the silence? That's a long story. But suffice it to say, we reconnected over tragic circumstances. Her brother just passed away from his battle with cancer. But where God closes a door he always opens a window.

If I hadn't pushed myself to move out of Austin for a graduate program partially due to a rotten relationship, I never would have met the love of my life.


figure 1: Love
If I had never acquired a food allergy, I wouldn't have decided to run a marathon and I wouldn't have made this.


figure 2: Goat Cheese
 With these helpers watching over me.


figure 3: Assistant Cooks (the one on the left likes to nibble butts)

If I hadn't heard about Preston's cancer, I might have never found the "right" time to contact Lindsey and we would have missed out on our first ever run together (she ran at about a 9:15 pace! And she never runs! So not fair!), two hours in Lowes while Kevin, Lindsey, and I decided what flower bed stones we should by, and some really great conversations (especially on Sunday).

figure 4: Our Final Decision

Big problems and small, doesn't matter. There's always a plan.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

A case in point:
Here is my food allergy life.


Here's everything else (click to view bigger picture).


Thank you Lord! Love you Lindsey!

Also, Dixie, we're going to miss you!

[Word Clouds by Wordle]

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I know. I mispelled the word "peanut" in my word cloud. It's a typo! I promise I know how to spell it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...