Monday, December 31, 2012

Laugh: Snot You, It's Snotty Everyone

Why me?!
Just like the stereotypes suggest, I'm a snotty girl. I'm not afraid to say it.

And my snot problems multiply by ten-fold during the winter months.

So cold.

Why?

It's dry and my celia have become sluggish. 

Like this.


Cilia, or the hairs on mucus (aka snot) glands, normally sweep everything to the back of the throat.

Goblet cell = mucus/snot cell.

Okay, but in cold whether they tend to slow down or stop. So in addition to increased amounts of snot produced to combat dry air, it all wants to evacuate the wrong way.

That's right.

However, I don't want to be a Debbie Downer. There are reasons snot is useful.


For instance, it catches dirt and lint so it doesn't go into your lungs.



You can compare and compete with others.





Keeps you full.


Wards off enemies.


Provides a talking point.


And more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...