Thursday, April 22, 2010

So my belt broke yesterday.

No, no, no, no! Not because I’ve gained weight, but because I was using the cheapest composite, genuine simulated pleather belt I own in order to experience hands-free running with little Kent. A friend of Kevin and me showed us a fancy hands-free leash several months ago and he seemed to really like running a lot more that way with his dog. So, I broke out an old belt that’s been collecting dust and looped Kent's leash around the belt. It seemed pretty comfortable, so Kevin and I went on a Burma Road run a few weekends back and I really liked it! Kent pulled me up the hills and I pulled him down at a blinding 10 min per mile pace for 4 miles. Lots of fun!

So yesterday I was planning on a neighborhood-three miles after work and thought it’d be a good opportunity to run Kent down a bit. We started off at a pretty fast pace as usual. Kent’s got his nose so far to the ground that all I can see is his back, his hind legs, and his floppy ears going up and down and up and down. We reach the end of the street to take a right and are moseying past our communal mail boxes when all of a sudden I lose all power. All thrusters shut down. And when I look down, Kent’s leash is trailing on the ground behind him and getting further and further ahead of me. And the worst part is that we’re both pointed in the direction of a major highway that’s about two blocks away.

“Kent! Kent!” I yell.

“Come! Kent!”

He finally slows his pace turns around and notices that I’m about 5 yards behind him, then he looks at his leash like he was just as disappointed as I was and starts trotting back over to me. Thank the Lord he came back!

N-E-Ways, Kevin and I will probably be investing in an actual hands free leash sometime soon (found an article at http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/14/fashion/14physical.html?_r=1). Can’t be soon enough for me! I miss going extra fast!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the "couple of extra horses" were more than that belt could take. :)
    Love,
    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good doggie!!! That's amazing and so cute that he just came trotting right back! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...