Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Pug Bug's Life

If life was like that of a 13 year old pug, it’d go a little something like this.

Napping in the morning.

Napping in the afternoon.

Food.

Mmmm…that sure beats my close-to-three-hour exercise routine yesterday because I felt guilty for eating too much chocolate. We're dog sitting Kent and Kaya's Aunt Dixie. She's goofy!

By the way, I made pizza last weekend again and this time I changed up the crust. Kevin bought me some of Bob’s pizza crust mix about a month ago and I decided it was time to try it out. Here’s my review.

  • Instructions were easy to follow, but the crust takes a little more time to make than the recipe I shared last week. The longer prep time is mainly due to the wait involved in the yeast rising process.
  • The dough wasn’t very easy to spread because it was very sticky, but that’s not too different from my own recipe. I’m used to it. No big deal. I used a large, clean medal spoon to spread instead of my using hands (just like I do for my own recipe). I might play around with the amount of water that I mix with the yeast in order to decrease the stickiness.
  • Cooking the dough was pretty easy. The recipe suggest that you bake the dough for a bit, pull it back out, add your toppings, then bake it some more. I got ahead of myself and started to put the tomato sauce on before I did the initial bake, then I remembered and shoved it in the oven real quick. I think it turned out just fine, but I’ll have to try the mix again in order to see if the sauce made a difference.
  • The taste and texture are awesome! This is the closest to real pizza crust I’ve had in a while. And the pizza doesn’t fall apart like my recipe can easily do. It’s got a lighter feel to the recipe too, mainly because I don’t think the mix has as much protein and fiber as the normal Gluten Free All Purpose.
Overall, I give the Bob’s mix a 9 out of 10. The taste and texture is a 10 for sure, but I think the sticky dough deserves a 9 for now.

I seem to be loving the pizza lately, so I’ll probably try Iris’ recipe one of these days.

2 comments:

  1. Do you need one of those huge dough machines to mix it up? Sorry if I I asked this before! I feel like I did... just not sure who! :) I'm dying for pizza and would love to try both yours and Iris' recipes.

    Congrats on being able to eat chocolate. What a wonderful world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! That was me. Just a spoon should do it with my recipe (not Bob's above). And when it's mixed, it'll be way moister than a normal gluten recipe. Feel free to add some spices (like garlic and onion powder, rosemary) to the batter.
    Yes chocolate makes life tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...