Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Weight Challenge


Yummy Breakfast for Work
So, I've been keeping track of the calories for the past two weeks. And I've settled on about 1200 a day. It's not bad. I'm hungry just a little bit before lunch and dinner then I'm a little hungry before bed, but I'm not constantly thinking about food or uncomfortable. I think I've hit on some good food choices. I'm no longer eating breakfast items for breakfast unless I want to. For example, I had a gluten free cinnamon roll and almonds for breakfast one day, then a ham salad the next. Here's my current weight log. I'm pretty excited. We'll see what happens.

135.6 1/6/2011
136.8 1/7/2011
135.4 1/9/2011
133.8 1/13/2011

The cool thing is that Kevin and I have stumbled on this really cool new show, on MTV of all places, called I Used to Be Fat. It's a really cool improvement over the Biggest Loser, in our humble opinions. It's about teenagers who want to lose a large amount of weight (we're talking like 60 pounds) after high school and before they start their lives away from home. Within an hour show you get to see the whole journey of weight loss (no cheesy drum roll or competition). It's all about the kid and their trainer and their daily food and exercise choices. We never thought would have though we'd watch something on MTV, but it's really inspirational. And it's not just about the losing weight part. We love how the trainers really try to teach the kids to push themselves and make healthy decisions everyday. Love it! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...