Friday, January 28, 2011

The 400 Calorie Meal Diet Plan Thingy

For the next few weeks, I’m going to show you what’s in my lunchbox, and sometimes my breakfast. Approximately 400 calories a meal. What I bring to work tends to be high in veggies, fruits, and protein by necessity. They also tend to be generally low in fat, carbs, and refined sugar (donuts are an exception and a treat). But everything’s high in taste. No sense in eating cardboard.

400 calories is not a whole lot. Take that donut pictured above. That’s 220 calories! I apologize for the bite; I got a little excited. So I only ate one donut knowing that I’ve got to fill up my gut with more than just two tiny pieces of fried and glazed, gluten-free dough otherwise I’ll be hungry long before noon. I added the grapes and raisins on the side. Not pictured are a handful of plain almonds. Again, I was a little short on the patience.

So here’s my lunch:
  • 3/4 cup boiled chicken (de-boned) – 204 cal.
  • 1 cup frozen, boiled broccoli marinated over night in 1 tb. of La Choy Orange Ginger Sauce-110 cal.
  • 1 roma tomato, sliced-20 cal.
  • 1 small orange, sliced-60 cal.
Calories: 394 (according to http://caloriecount.about.com/)

One of the best parts of the meal above is that it’s made up of 50% leftovers from the night before. No extra planning. I just sliced up a tomato and orange and added the sauce. This meal took me about 10 minutes to prepare after Kevin and I finished eating dinner. 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...