Thursday, August 12, 2010

Countdown to the Hottest Half Marathon, Dallas, TX

It's t-minus 2 days, 20-something hours, and some odd minutes before the starting gun fires on Sunday morning at this year's Hottest Half! Kevin and I are ready at this point. His foot has healed up good enough that he's done a couple of runs this week, including a 6 miler. With his running history, I'm sure he'll do just fine.

I got a new pair of shoes (see picture at left); I got the ones that have the same coloring as yours, Kayla. They're called "Women's Saucony Grid Cohesion 3 Running Shoes." The previous model was just "Women's Saucony Grid Cohesion NX," which I've purchased around 4 times. They both fit exactly the same only they've changed up the apearance a bit. It's a nice shoe; $39.99 at Academy. My ankles and knees are thanking me!

My LogYourRun account says that I put 286.8 miles on the previous shoes that I bought on 11/11/2009. That's not accurate because I bought new shoes in May 2010, but I just forgot to enter in all of the information. There were also several weeks where I didn't enter in any of my running miles at the beginning of the summer. What can I say? Sometimes it's just good to run and not think about the details. If we do the full marathon in November, these will be the shoes that come with me, I think.

I went on my last run (before the race) last night. I did an easy 3 miles with Kevin and Kaiya. Kevin was on his bike this time. Didn't see any skunks, but we did see an armadillo towards the end of the run. Kaiya wanted to go play, but we thought that might not be a good idea considering they've got some pretty mean claws.

I was very cautious last night with Kaiya. Normally it's expected that Kaiya will stop, without warning, a few times to sniff at something while I'm on a run with her. But I tried to emphasize that random stopping was not a good idea in light of the upcoming race. I could just see myself trip or twist an ankle and that would be the end of it for me. So I tried to give her a wide berth and be a little more in tune with what she's thinking. "Uh uh, Kaiya," "Good Girl, Kaiya," "This way, Kaiya." I'm sure it was cramping her free-spirited style.

[Kaiya] "Why is Mommy micromanaging my life?"

Poor thing!

Run on Allergy Peoples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...