Thursday, August 26, 2010

Going Faster

A Relative of Mine.
Okay, so my runs are going a little faster at this point. Last night, I ran 3 miles in 31:02 pace which is a bit faster than I've been running during the summer. I chalk it up to feeling more motivated because of the upcoming marathon. While training for the half, I was just moving forward at what ever pace felt good. It feels like I've had a mental break from the speed (not that I have any delusions that I think I'm fast or anything) and I'm ready to get back to it. Yesterday's run was also a mile marker for the year: it was cool and cloudy enough to run after work. Yeah!!! I love after work runs. Running right before bedtime tends to not give me the best nights of sleep.

On the diet side of things, I've slowly taken a lot of my "needless but tasty" carbs out of my diet. I'm having fruit and or nuts for breakfast, veggie and protein-filled leftovers for brunch and lunner (I've split my meal in half so I eat at like 11 am and 1:30 pm), a small snack at home, and a fairly good meal with a small portion of carb. My body's still growing accustom to the smaller portion sizes, but at least I'm not just craving buckets full of rice and GF pancakes the size of houses.

Run on allergy peoples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...